lördag 7 februari 2009

What a day!






This day will be written by two persons, since Henke and I split up and went in different directions. Henke was off to Six Flags Amusement Park and I was supposed to go to L A Zoo. I say I was supposed to, because I was a good girl and looked up how to get there on the internet before going down to the hotel. I saw I could take the Dash bus and it would take me to Griffith Park, where the zoo is located in the northeast corner. When I got down to the hotel desk I asked if I was right and the Russian woman behind the desk was more like "Well, there's San Diego Zoo that's big and all, if that's what you want" and when I said I wanted to go to L A Zoo since I didn't have a car, she just said "I don't know anything about that. Want to see Santa Monica instead?". D-oh!
Since Griffith Park is a big park I didn't dare to go on my own, since I didn't know where I'll end up with the bus. Instead I went ahead and booked a sightseeing tour with Guideline Sightseeing Tours and the bus would depart at 2.20.

Had some time to kill before that, and since it was raining I went back to my room and talked on msn to some nice people. One of them was Ulrika who told me that the house next to my parents' house burned down to the ground! You can see a video about it on her baby brother's blog here. Scary! Texted my parents to hear that they are OK, but they still haven't responded to it :( HEEELLLOOOOO!

Anyway, got down to take the bus and was met by a nice Englishman named Richard and the little bus took off. Besides me there were three Canadians, two Dutch and two Brits + two crazy American girls from Pittsburgh (amused us all through the trip together with Richard who was a brill). I don't regret going on this trip - it was money and hours well spent! Loved it!

First stop was on Hollywood Boulevard to have a look at the stars and all. Happy I was there yesterday so that I could focus on taking pics of other stuff. It was interesting to know that the stars have to fill in an application form to get their stars on the street. 8-10 new ones every year and they also have to pay 15,000 dollars to have one... You get to choose where you want it and Jay Leno, for example, is outside McDonald's, because that's where he got arrested before his luck changed and he got famous... :) They'll close part of the street from Feb 16th, since the Oscar's up.

Passed L A Ink also, unfortunately passed, so no pics of Kat ;(

Then we went on Sunset Strip over to Beverly Hills. Got to see Ozzy Osbourne's old house (now owned by Christina Aguilera, she was playing tennis), Dr Phil's house, the founder of Guess (he had nine Jaguars outside his house + some other cars...) and Angelina Jolie's favourite bungalow. Was told that, if living in Beverly Hills, you must have your own gardener on a payroll. If not BH will get you one and send you the bill. Reminded a lot of Wisteria Lane, because of the perfect gardens... Saw the park where George Michael was arrested... And close to Rodeo Drive was a house by my favourite - Gaudi!

From there to Farmer's Market, a place for regular people and celebrities. What a fantastic place! It felt a lot like walking around in the fantastic movie Big Fish... Neat, old music in loud speakers... Went around with a big smile. A lot of paparazzis stood outside the Cheesecake Factory, and it was for Katie "Jordan" Price and her Peter André + kids.

From there we went DownTown, a lot of skyskrapers and the fantastic Walt Disney Music Hall.

I'm so happy that I went on this tour. So many nice places I've seen and great people on the bus. Loved every second!! Richard told me to get some Emergen-C for my cold, so Henke went and got some for me. Hope I'll get rid of it soon!

Over to Henke... :)

Hei efribaddi I chav bean in tachsicar wit armenian driver, so I no know speeking or spealing any no longer.
Anywho... My day started with me being taught all the secrets of being an armenian taxi driver, while being driven to Six Flags Magic Mountain. Quite an interesting conversation. For a moment I thought I was sitting in a cab from GTA IV. (If you played it you'll know).

When I arrived at Six Flags the weather wasn't all that good, with dark clouds hanging over the californian landscape. This turned out to be the best thing that could happen, since the place was practically deserted. This meant that the time I had to stand in line for the rides where close to nonexisting. The longest I had to wait for a ride was like 5 minutes (for X2). It felt really nice to just walk past the signs saying "waiting time from this point is about 60 minutes". It's good to be king. :-)

The rides where sick. Sick sick sick! My favourites were (are) Batman, Tatsu, Goliath and X2, all of which I took at least two rides in.
X2 was the first ride I took, since I had seen it on tv a couple of times and it seemed like a sweet ride. I wasn't all that wrong. Watch this clip (not by me) to get an idea of its awesomeness:
Tatsu was überfast! You were placed head forward, almost like Superman, and went on an obscenely fast and curvy ride.
Goliath was TALL and gave most scream for the buck. Classic rollercoaster with an extra speedy edge.
Batman had everything: Speed and superdupertwisty turns. Really intense! It competes with X2 as my ab fav, but X2 takes the gold, just for being so badass cool.

I ran around the entire park like a sugar speeded 10-year old, trying to ride all the good stuff. It took me about 2 hours, then I had to do it all over again. Poor me.

All in all I was more than happy with my little escapade. Riding some of the sweetest thrills made by man for 6 hours... Life is good!

7 kommentarer:

  1. Stackars Mammas Nusse som är så sösyld ! Oj vad det är roligt att följa er resa och få vidga mina vyer och datakunskaper. Vi var på kalas hos Jonas Tilda som fyllde år. Mitt i allt surrande (många barn) ringde Hasse Haglund på pappas mobil. Grannhuset stod i ljusan låga. Får inte skriva mer för utrymmets skull säger far! Pussar och kramar. Ha det!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Jaaa stackars mig... :( Men mamma, du har ju en egen inloggning här, varför inte använda den istället för att skriva som anonym? :) Kollade du på länken med branden, ja om du missade den menar jag ;) Skönt att höra att allt är bra, och nej, lyssna inte på pappa, skriv så mycket du vill. Bara kul med kommentarer jöööö. Kram!!

    SvaraRadera
  3. w00t! Armenier is the shit! :-/

    Sara tittar och mumlar "jävla svin".

    Digidi //P

    SvaraRadera
  4. Jag hade följt med Henke. Jag vill osså åka galna grejer! *S*

    SvaraRadera
  5. Kan ju flika in att det kommer upp bilder från Six Flags så fort jag hittat en läsare för mitt XD-kort. Lilldatorn har såklart ingen sån, men den är en hejare på allt annat!

    SvaraRadera
  6. Sounds as if you had a fantastic time :o)

    SvaraRadera
  7. Jag är jätteorolig!!! Var är ni? Svara så fort ni kan. Finns det ingen elektricitet på ön?
    Senast vi hörde av er var ni på väg till raroonga eller vad det nu heter, ja törs intr klicka på någon knapp. HÖR AV ER!!!!

    SvaraRadera