torsdag 5 februari 2009

Sunny L A?





Well yesterday was nice. Henke was in the need of shopping shoes and I could do with some shopping myself, so why not visit an American mall? So we took off for Glendale Shopping Mall. Found a bus to take us there and I must say that U S busdrivers are so-o nice. Since it was our first time riding a bus here we had no idea that you have to have the exact money, so when I was waving a 20 dollar bill he just told us to hop on anyway. And going back we didn't have exact again, so the bus driver said nevermind and let us go anyway. Nice! :)

Anyway, in the mall I was the one ended up shopping... Stuff I really need... Or maybe not... I know that some of you girls are curious to know more, so I'd better tell that I bought a pair of black high heel shoes, two gorgeous dresses (don't know when to wear them, but...), a bag from Roxy (Quicksilver's girl brand), scrapbooking stuff and such...
Henke bought... Nothing.

Thought of eating something that's good for you at breakfast and lunch, but it didn't go so well... :P I went for some bran flakes with raisin in milk, but they'd sugared the raisins... Henke took the omelette and what we believe was small sausages (looked a lot like a Chihuahua's doo-doo). Fruit served was served in its own juice, so it wasn't fresh fruit... Oh well!
For lunch we ended at some interesting food place with a big yellow M... I tried a Big Mac, and it tasted a lot like at home, besides more dressing in it, medium fries are bigger than home, and so was the medium coke. Henke was happy, he tried a Angus burger with red onion, bacon and cheese and all other stuff that makes your heart pump slower. :)

Anyway, yesterday was lovely. Sunny and warm. Cali weather! Lovely watching the palm trees and I don't know if they've got the birds here, but I could swear it was a humming bird we saw!

Another thing we've reflected over that so far there are more hispanics and thai people, than Americans. All is written in English and Spanish. Interesting!

Today we went by underground train to Universal Studios. Wow. W-O-W! With a big grin on my face I walked around taking pics. My new camera seem to eat batteries, but besides that it worked fine.
We started by seeing Shrek 4D. I remember hearing about it from Stefan & Andrew and it was just as they'd said. It was fun! 3D doesn't work fully on me, but Henke had fun. I had too :)
After that we went on Studio Tour, where seated in a bus, was shown all the studios, saw the crash scene from War Of The Worlds, visited Wisteria Lane (Desperate Housewives),was attacked by the shark from Jaws, almost stabbed by Norman Bates and much, much more. So cool!!
Then we went on the Simpson's Ride. A rollercoaster standing still, but not quite... Impressive!
When we got out of that it rained. And rained. It was pouring down! Sunny L A, my ass... :P Like they said in the morning show - good for the farmers...
So we went and to The Mummy Ride, which was awesome too.
Off to Backdraft-show where we were shown how they made the movie and stuff (too bad William Baldwin wasn't there...).
We also went to see the Special Effects show and the guys hosting it were absolutely hilarious! We loved them! So much fun!!

All in all Universal Studios was great fun. We were surprised that there weren't so many visitors, not that we were complaining...

Now we're back (after quesadillas and burritos at some Mexican place)at the hotel and won't go out. Need to get the warmth back. It seems as we're lucky with the weather as usual, since the rain will be here until Sunday (when we leave...). Oh, and Henke bought a T-shirt and a cup today - yay!

1 kommentar:

  1. Den där hajen är så vacker....... =)

    Jag hänvisar till mitt lilla blogginlägg här.... ;)
    http://tentaclatron.blogspot.com/2008/08/nirvana.html

    SvaraRadera