fredag 6 februari 2009

Hollywood






Well one can't go to L A and not visit Hollywood Walk of Fame, right? I didn't think so, so off we went today. And yes, it's still raining, and yes, I still look fashionably hot in my one-size-fit-all-fat-Americans-and-me-rain coat with the NBC-logo on the back... Well spent 3 bucks nevertheless, it kept me dry.

Took the underground train once again to Hollywood-Vine station. It's funny to see that the people designing the stations built it for Cali weather, not this kind of weather we're having now. Rain came in through the roof, buckets were placed all over to take care of the water...

L A is strange... I mean, the varieties of the houses in the street is enormous. Haven't seen downtown L A yet (don't know if we will), but just going on Hollywood Blvd was an experience. Some houses looking as if we were walking in the slum, block after block, and then suddenly came Guinness World of Records, Ripley's Believe It Or Not and the Kodak Theatre. Also a fashionable open mall with huge elephant statues in it... And some blocks later we were back in the slum... Strange.

But it was fun looking at the stars in the street, and then seeing the hand- and footprints from some stars. Cool! :)

We have noticed that L A is a city where you take the car everywhere. They even have drive-in pharmacies for f*** sake! And it's hard to find somewhere to eat, if you don't want pizzas or hamburgers... Guess it's easier in Santa Monica or downtown. We'll see!

Found a big shoe store today as well... I got myself a nice pair of Anne Klein's, in a nice blue colour, and Henke bought himself a pair of Puma's.

Oh and there's something fishy with our Mastercards... We can't use them! Glad they have ATM's otherwise we'd be in trouble. Some shops are OK to pay things with the cards, other says "Have you told your bank that you were coming here? It doesn't work, are you out of State visitors?"... D-oh! Why???

Yesterday's "I-will-never-get-out-of-your-head-song" was this one. Today's was a much better one (ironic), look here. Hope it sticks on you! ;)

Oh, and we also stopped at Starbuck's today. I got myself a crispy marshmallow bar (I thought a bar was a quite small thing, but no...) together with tall non-fat, non-sugar Vanilla latte while Henke went for a tall black tea and a choc chip cookie. Yum!

Today's pic include the Chihuahua's doo-doo, my drinks on Starbuck, Henke with his favourite star (ironic again) and some comparision when it comes to shoe sizes between my own size 7½ (5 UK, 38 Swedish) and Will Smith's... :)

OK, have fun and be good everyone! I have a cold and will crawl under the duvet now... That's what happens when you are wet an entire day... :P

oAo

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar